Event Time and Date
2017 FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME
Entering its 42nd year, the Toronto International Film Festival will be accepting volunteer applications for those interested in joining the 2017 team. The online application form for new, prospective volunteers will be available starting on May 31 at tiff.net/volunteer. Apply as soon as possible to be a part of the team before the application closes (typically in late June)!
All new volunteers are required to apply online. Staff in the Volunteer Office will review every application. Only those selected will be invited to attend a mandatory orientation session (taking place on several dates throughout the first half of August 2017) to conduct a brief interview and complete the application process.
All new Festival volunteers must:
- be eighteen years of age or older
- apply to volunteer by completing the 2017 Festival Volunteer online application form(net/volunteer) with a current resumé and telephone contact information for two references
- attend a mandatory volunteer orientation session
- commit to completing a minimum of four Festival shifts (limit one shift per day; individual shift lengths will vary)
- be prepared to attend all mandatory training sessions, where applicable (training session dates and times are determined and communicated to the appropriate volunteers some time after the initial registration process is complete)
- have good English-language comprehension and strong verbal communication
- be friendly, helpful team players who are supportive, respectful and professional when working with a diverse and talented group of volunteers and staff!
Applications are accepted based on our minimum volunteer requirements (as noted above) and additional applicable skills, knowledge and experience. Please note that the number of new volunteers accepted in a given year is dependent upon the number of positions that are available.
Volunteers with TIFF can choose to help in diverse ways during the Festival. Volunteer roles include:
- assisting as a theatre volunteer at venues across the city, delivering exceptional customer service, directing patrons and answering guest questions
- getting the word out about the People’s Choice Award as a part of our voting squad team
- behind the scenes support with administrative, in-office duties
- supporting TIFF’s Industry team at our Industry Centre and Industry Programming venues as an industry volunteer
- and many more!
TIFF Volunteers are entitled to some awesome benefits, including:
- a memorable experience as part of the team making this exciting event happen
- access to screenings and events exclusively for volunteers
- the opportunity to meet new friends and learn something new about film or even yourself!
If you have any questions about the application, volunteer opportunities, or getting involved with TIFF, don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org! We hope to see you join the team for 2017.
Festival Dates: September 7–17, 2017
Volunteer Hotline: 416-934-5846
Volunteer Email: email@example.com
Community Engagement, Volunteers Needed